- Texas BBQ Week is still going strong for a few more days.
- Looking for golf and barbecue together?
— Sean F Hosley (@sketchwerk) July 10, 2014
- KCBS is planning to donate 100,000 barbecue meals over the next year in their 100KCBS Meals Mission.
- Michael Black of Terry Black’s BBQ in Austin has some feelings about Black’s BBQ opening in Austin.
- A few tips for smoking a great brisket compiled by Steven Raichlen.
- More tips on smoking a brisket.
- John Mueller responds to a few recent Austin BBQ lists:
I guaranty that’s the last time you will ever see me in the middle of anyone’s poll….
— John Mueller Meat (@JSM_meat) July 16, 2014
- Yahoo puts together their list of the ten best barbecue joints in the country, and Texas takes three spots.
- OpenTable users rated the thirty best barbecue joints (that have a reservation system) in the country. Four are from Texas.
- Thrillist uses a panel of folks in the food industry to vote on the best barbecue joints in Austin.
- Austin is getting another barbecue food truck.
- A brisket slicer in the making:
Florida QB Jeff Driskel had a job this summer that would have caused me to swell to 400 pounds. http://t.co/xxwnYI4N0s
— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) July 15, 2014
- Ray’s BBQ Shack is profiled by the Houston Chronicle.
- Texas Highways Magazine calls Stanley’s Famous Pit BBQ in Tyler “a true Texas success story.”
- Daniel Brown of Brown’s Bar-B-Que in Austin is profiled by Eater.
This one is a several months old, but I just found it and it’s too good not to share. A blogger had a bad experience at Bartley’s in Grapevine, and then accuses them of bribery.
— BRobinson (@rtechnologies) July 14, 2014
- John Lewis of Austin’s La Barbecue took some smoked beef to Charleston to introduce South Carolina to real Texas barbecue. They called it the SC-TX Invitational.
- The Charleston Post & Courier provided some advice for the SC pork eaters on how best to enjoy smoked beef.
- Here’s a slideshow from the SC-TX BBQ invitational.
- Texas-style BBQ in Manhattan:
— High Line (@highlinenyc) July 11, 2014
- Even Vogue is talking about barbecue in this article about smoked meat in New York. They highlight a few joints with plenty of Texas flavor.
- Marley’s Central Texas BBQ in Albuquerque is reviewed.
- A Texas-style barbecue joint opens in Australia.
- “German Sausage Makers Fined for Price-Fixing” by the German Federal Cartel Authority.
- J.C. Reid of the Houston Chronicle explores Chinese barbecue.
- I scream, you scream, we all scream for Meat Fruit.
- A solid guide to American barbecue:
— Eater National (@Eater) July 11, 2014
- Fed Man Walking reviews Scotty’s BBQ in Austin.
- The Austinot found plenty to like at La Barbecue.
- Smoking Ho profiles Evan LeRoy of Freedmen’s Bar in Austin.
- The #81 favorite dish of the Dallas Observer is the Toddfather sandwich at Cattleack Barbecue.
- Seven great barbecue food trucks in America.
- President Obama went to Franklin Barbecue in Austin…
- …and he cut the line at Franklin…
- …and some people were unhappy about it.
- Butter and barbecue drippings? Yes, please:
— Chefs Feed (@chefsfeed) July 10, 2014