BBQ News: 01/27 – 02/02
– Emilio and Christi Soliz are cooking their own brand of Mexi-Q at Kings Hwy Brew & Q in San Antonio.
– 2M Smokehouse got some high praise from San Antonio Express News critic Mike Sutter.
– Pitt Stop BBQ in Lufkin might be the cleanest barbecue joint in Texas.
– Now, it’s the only way I want olives:
All our favorite things in a glass! #BrisketStuffedOlives #BloodyMary #ATX #BarbecueWife pic.twitter.com/bbOYmZZcx1
— Barbecue Wife (@BarbecueWife) January 28, 2017
– Texas Rangers pitcher Cole Hamels is a big fan of Pecan Lodge in Dallas.
– Central Track is impressed with most everything Ten 50 BBQ in Richardson.
– CW33 provides this list of 12 DFW BBQ Spots That Will Make You Drool.
– Airport barbecue is getting better:
More good airport BBQ: Houston’s IAH getting an new venture from Greg Gatlin of @GatlinsBBQ https://t.co/4gE82hrxdy
— BBQ Hub (@thebbqhub) January 29, 2017
– A new food festival is coming to Austin in May. Hot Luck, from Aaron Franklin and partners, will kick off in mid-May.
– Salt Lick BBQ will open a food truck in South Austin.
– A film entitled Barbecue will debut at SXSW in Austin in March:
It’s been a long and tantalising journey, and now we are proud to announce that Barbecue will be having its World Premiere at SXSW in Austin, Texas! A huge thankyou and congratulations to everyone who helped us on the journey. We look forward to sharing your stories with the world. Stay tuned for screening times and more festival announcements. See y’all in March! @screenaustralia #southaustralianfilmcorporation #sxsw #worldpremiere #documentary #film #barbecuefilm #austin #texas #centraltexas #bbq #barbecue
– The Houston Chronicle profiles Jean-Paul Bourgeois, a Cajun chef doing barbecue in New York City.
– On the list of the oldest restaurants in Houston, Barbecue Inn (1946) and Pizzitola’s (1934).
– The New England Patriots headed down to Pearland to fill up on Killen’s Barbecue before the Super Bowl.
– Fans at the stadium during the Super Bowl will be fueled by Killen’s Barbecue:
The guys at @killensbbq will smoke 250 briskets to make sandwiches for crowd at Super Bowl LI ($19) pic.twitter.com/8cMthPrJef
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) January 31, 2017
– Hall of fame running back, Eric Dickerson, will debut his line of EDQ barbecue at the Super Bowl.
– Andy Husbands of the Smoke Shop in Boston offers a brisket recipe that can be done on a grill. There’s fennel involved.
– The Dan Patrick Show is in Houston doing a BBQ tour before the Super Bowl. This is Day 1 at The Brisket House:
…and here’s Day 2 at Pinkerton’s:
…and Day 3 at the Pit Room: